Hiring qualified employees has never been easier!
All Kentucky Skills U programs have access to curricula to prepare students for Kentucky's top employment sectors. Click here to view the KY Skills U Lesson Bank.
Every adult education student has multiple opportunities to learn, practice and master the skills needed to get a job and keep a job. Click here to access Kentucky Skills U Employability Standards overview.
Through Accelerating Opportunity Kentucky (AOKY), qualified GED®-seeking students have the chance to earn college credit and certifications in high-demand fields. Click here to learn more about AOKY.
When you hire an Accelerating Opportunity Kentucky (AOKY) student, you are hiring someone who has:
- In-demand workforce credentials;
- Training in college and career readiness; and
- The drive to be successful.
AOKY is a technical training program that combines contextualized GED® preparation with technical skills training to help prepare individuals for a high-demand job.
AOKY, a partnership between Kentucky Skills U, the Kentucky Department of Workforce Investment/KY Career Centers and the Kentucky Community and Technical College System, offers an accelerated pathway to employment by allowing qualified GED®-seeking students to:
- Earn a GED® diploma while also being enrolled in college courses;
- Earn one or more certifications that help them get a better job faster – one with a family-sustaining wage; and
- Earn college credit that can lead to a degree in the future.
To watch an AOKY student in action, click here.
Contact your local AOKY program coordinator for more information by clicking here.