Kentucky Essential Skills Certificate (KESC)
The KESC is a certification your future (and current) employees can earn when they successfully complete the online WIN Soft Skills course, available FREE at your local adult education program!
Individuals earn the KESC as part of an academic program of study and in pursuit of other stackable credentials, which may include the National Career Readiness Certificate and/or the GED® diploma. The KESC certifies that an individual has successfully completed coursework in:
- Communicating effectively
- Conveying professionalism
- Promoting teamwork and collaboration
- Thinking critically and solving problems
The following fliers can be used to increase awareness among current and future employees
8.5 x 11 full-color student poster (850K WORD)
Half-page, full-color student flier (951K WORD)
8.5 x 11 full-color employer poster (500K PDF)
Contact Sharon Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 502-892-3029, if you need more information.
National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC)
Earning a National Career Readiness Certificate can prove to employers you're ready for work.
- Provides skill-based credentials to Kentuckians to help them secure employment.
- Provides employers with workers that have documented skills proficiencies.
- Certifies applicants who employers can hire with confidence.
The NCRC is based on three WorkKeys® skill areas:
- Reading for Information
- Applied Math
- Locating Information
To earn an NCRC, a person must take all three assessments. The NCRC is then awarded in three levels:
- Silver - for a score of 4 on all three assessments
- Gold - for a score of 5 on all three assessments
- Platinum - for a score of 6 on all three assessments
To learn more about the NCRC, click here. These services will be provided free of charge to adult education eligible students.